FDP: PYTHON PROGRAMMING
About the FDP
AICTE has taken various quality initiatives to promote technical education in the country which also includes enhanced impetus on career development of faculty teaching in colleges across the country. AICTE has one of its initiatives to conduct various Faculty Development Programmes for imparting/ upgrading faculty knowledge and skills. For this purpose AICTE – ISTE Sponsored Induction/Refresher Programme, Faculty Development Programme on “Python Programming” has been organized & this FDP’s main aim is to strengthen the professional development of the faculty members and administrators who deal directly with students & the main goal is to help these educators increase the effectiveness of their teaching, especially in undergraduate programs, so that they are better able to guide students on journeys of inquiry and discovery.
Objectives of the Programme:
- To provide hands-on training experience in python programming, exploration of python’s object-oriented features, functional programming concepts and knowledge about python packages such as pandas, numpy etc.
- To develop the skill of designing Graphical user Interfaces in Python.
- To develop the ability to write database applications in Python.
- To motivate teachers from engineering domains like information technology, electronics etc. to adopt new relevant technologies like intelligent automation and data science using python.
- To provide platform to faculty members to interact with industry experts from the different domains.
- To make teachers aware that the new technologies need to be introduced in all branches of engineering to increase employable and also empower teachers in these technologies by providing opportunity of learning
- Design real life situational problems and think creatively about solutions of them.
- Apply a solution clearly and accurately in a program using Python.
- Apply the best features of mathematics, engineering and natural sciences to program real life problems.
- Various laboratory exercises to be carried out in these courses are adopted in curriculum
- Social network of faculty and industry experts
- Ideas for projects and research possibilities in these domains.
- Course Contents/Highlights
- Introduction & Basics of Python Programming(Part I)
- Basics of Python(Part II) & Database Connectivity In Python
- Multithreaded Programming & Network Connectivity using Python
- Python Numpy
- GUI Programming in Python(using Tkinter/wxPython/Qt) & Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
- Layout Management, Look and Feel Customization & Storing Data in mySQL via our GUI
- Introduction to Data Analysis
Teachers from AICTE recognized engineering colleges and polytechnics can attend this FDP.
Distinguished faculty members from the renowned institutes like IIT, other institutes and industry experts/ trainers working in the domain of machine learning and data science will be the resource persons for the FDP.